How to Cook outlines the basics you need to know in order to be efficient in the kitchen. Learn answers to some of the most common cooking questions with step-by-step how-to guides and videos.
Last Updated: Oct 8, 2008
Chicken has gained in popularity due to its health benefits and
abundance around the world. Chicken can be separated into parts such as
the leg, thigh, breast, wing and assorted other areas that are commonly
used in stocks. See Full List
- How to Cook Chicken
Chicken is one of the easiest and most versatile meats you can prepare. Bake it, fry it or grill it – just be sure to take the proper safety precautions during preparation.
- Making a Tuscan Chicken Paillard (Video)
On this episode of Discovery Health's "Lyon in the Kitchen", you will learn how to make Tuscan-style chicken like a pro.
- Recipe: Buttermilk Oven-Fried Chicken
Learn this new way to “fry” your chicken that will surprise and delight your friends and family.
- Recipe: Citrus Roasted Chicken
For more citrus flavor, add thinly sliced rounds of lemon and lime to the foil bag. The fruit will add more aroma as it cooks with the chicken.
- Recipe: Family Style Creamy Chicken Noodles
Cozy up to a classic family favorite. Served piping hot, this hearty dish will warm the insides of all your family and friends. You will never guess that only 16% of its calories are from fat.
If you are a subscriber to the LibGuides product and would like to add this guide to your own LibGuides system - here are instructions on how to do that. Feel free to use the guides as a whole, individual pages or modules as you'd like. No attribution necessary. We hope you find these resources helpful!
- Login to your Libguides admin interface
- Click on "Create New Guide"
- Select "Use a guide from another institution as a template"
- Enter the URL of this guide (or the one you want to use): http://hsw.libguides.com/cooking-101-guide
- Enter the new title and description you want to use for your guide - i.e. you might call it "Animals Guide" instead of "HowStuffWorks Animals Guide". (feel free to keep the description that comes with the guide if you want or change it)
- Click on "Create New Guide" button
- Click "ok" to the alert message that it will be emailing us to let us know you are using the guide (we don't mind)
- Your new guide is created and the guide has been copied over to your system. You can now enhance the guide with your own local content, modules, pages, etc. or feel free to move around, rename or delete any of the pages, modules, etc. you need to.
- Recipes Guide
Recipes provide you with the ingredients and the simple, step-by-step directions for making some of your favorite dishes, as well as some you have never tried before. Also find Cuisine and Holiday Recipes as well as special recipes for kids.
- Green Living Guide
Whether you want to know more about building sustainable communities to exploring alternative fuels and energy conservation or simply "go organic" at home - you'll find the resources you need to start living green.
- Gardening & Lawncare Guide
Resources and How-To guides for Annual, Bulb, Perennial, Herb & Vegetable Gardens - find hundreds of entries on different flowers. Also information on speciality gardens (rock, shade, rose and container gardens) as well as houseplants and Lawncare basics.